Item for New/Returning Students/Employees to Help Ensure Success with Technology
- If you have any problems below, please email, call or text our Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-859-1204).
- Read/accept the AUP in MyThomas
- New students/employees: You may have recently received an email with your username, email address, and initial password.
(with the subject line: "(Name), Your new Thomas College computer account has been created. Please read and keep this message.")
If needed, please check your junk and deleted items folders and search for the text in the subject line (above). If you cannot find it, we can create and send you another one.
(NOTE: New students for the Fall semester receive this on June 1st.)
- If you haven't changed your password to something only you know, use the Office 365 self-service password reset function. Add an alternate contact method for self service password reset here. Then, change your password here following the criteria here. (NOTE: After changing your password in the cloud, it will take up to 15 minutes before it is changed on our local system for steps 5 and 6 below.)
- Change your Office 365 multi-factor authentication (MFA) additional contact options here.
- Configure device(s) (email@example.com and password required.)
- We want to make sure you can focus on academic work during the school year, not technical problems. Please spend some time on this menu for each device you have.
- During June Advising, please make sure you at least connect your smartphone, tablet or laptop to your Thomas email since we will start to communicate with you this way.
- Before the Term begins, please make sure you do all Required items and at least look at Recommended and Optional items.
- (NOTE: If you are using a Mac, there is a known issue with Safari. Please use Chrome or another browser instead)
- Watch IT Orientation Videos for Students and Faculty/Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org and password required.)